Bachelor of Science Degree Program
Degree program of Bachelor Science (undergraduate program) in Forest Management has been offered since 1999/2000, which previously was one of three specialization subjects of Bachelor Science in Forestry at Faculty of Forestry of IPB-University. The degree program of Bachelor Science in Forestry itself had been offered since IPB-University was established in 1963.
Degree program of Bachelor Science in Forest Management was accredited A-grade (excellent) by Indonesia-National Accreditation Board for Higher Education (BAN PT) since 2000, and then continuing receive A-grade accreditation in 2011, and 2016.
- Entry level professional foresters who are able to apply and integrate basic natural sciences, social, economics, and policy sciences; quantitative and qualitative methods; forest techniques and sciences, which are needed for planning, organizing, governing and evaluating ecosystem-based forest management, and to produce graduates who are able:
- to continue more advance education, to do researches,
- to be public administrator of forestry and
- to be activists in development and advocacy NGOs
- to work for other professions related to forest management and forestry.
- Explain concepts and theories of forest management in general by using concepts and theories of biology, mathematics physic, ecology, silvic, wildlife behavior, forest-watershed hydrology, forest resources planning and utilization, socio-economics, policy and institution, and formulate procedural solving problems in forest management.
- Analyze forest management problems by using integrative approach of science and knowledge of biology, physic, hydrology, forest ecology, wildlife and socio-economy-politic.
- Analyze forest management problems and formulate alternatives solutions quantitatively by applying mathematics, linear programming, and statistic.
- Write and speaks to explain complexity and tradeoffs in forest management.
- Apply sciences, knowledge, technology and technics of forest measurement, geomatics, silviculture, forest-watershed hydrology, forest resources economic, utilization, and forestry policy to develop forest and to evaluate forest resources.
- Choose and decide the appropriate-effective models and technics to formulate and evaluate forest management plans to generate benefits of forest products and benefits at a landscape scale.
- Responsible for individual jobs and team/organization works.
- Discipline and behave in accordance to applicable norms and rule-regulations.
Syllabus or Course Design can been seen by clicking the Course Codes on Table.
|No||Course Code||Course Name||Course CSU|
|1st Semester||19 CSU|
|3||IPB107||Introduction to Agriculture||2(2-0)|
|4||MAT100||Introduction to Mathematics||3(2-2)|
|2nd Semester||19 CSU|
|8||IPB111||Pancasila (Basic Indonesian Ideology)||2(1-2)|
|10||IPB112||Sport and Art*)||1(0-3)|
|14||AGB100||Introduction to Entrepreneurship||1(1-0)|
|16||MNH201||Introduction to Forestry Science and Environmental Ethic||2(2-0)|
|3rd Semester||20 CSU|
|19||TSL203||Introduction to Soil Science||3(3-0)|
|22||MNH211||Geodesy and Cartography||3(2-3)|
|23||MNH291||Scientific Writing Methods||2(1-2)|
|4th Semester||21 CSU|
|24||MAN101||Introduction to Management||3(3-0)|
|27||HHT201||Forest Products as Raw Materials||2(2-0)|
|28||HHT202||Forest Product Processing||2(2-0)|
|29||MNH212||Forest Resource Inventory||3(2-3)|
|30||MNH322||Forestry Policy and Legislation||2(2-0)|
|31||FHT200||Field Forestry Practices||3|
|5th Semester||18 CSU|
|33||MNH313||Forest Resources Inventory Techniques||3(2-3)|
|6th Semester||22 CSU|
|39||MNH315||Remote Sensing and GIS for Forestry||3(2-3)|
|40||MNH327||Forest Management Economics||3(3-0)|
|42||MNH325||Private Forest Management||2(2-0)|
|44||MNH317||Integrated Watershed Management||3(2-3)|
|46||MNH403||Thematic Field Work||3|
|7th Semester||11 CSU|
|48||MNH426||Forestry Policy Analysis||2(2-0)|
|49||MNH433||Forest Utilization Operation||3(2-3)|
|50||MNH434||Forest Management Cost Analysis||3(2-3)|
|8th Semester||7 CSU|
Notes: *) CSU is not considered for GPA
**) Elective/supporting courses are chosen to fulfill the minimum CSU requirement (144 CSU)
Course codes MNHxxx: compulsory courses for student of BSc Program in Forest Management and called as Major Courses of BSc in Forest Management; HHTxxx, KSHxxx, and SVKxxx: compulsory courses not only for student of BSc Program in Forest Management, but also for Student of BSc Program of Faculty of Forestry and those are called as Inter-department Courses; Others Course Codes: compulsory Basic and General Courses for student of Program of BSc in Forest Management.
|4.||MNH428||Forestry Investment Analysis||3(2-3)|
|6.||MNH419||Basic Modelling for Forestry and Landscape||3(2-3)|
|10.||SVK323||Sylviculture for Natural Forest||3(2-3)|
|11.||Other lectures related to forest management offered by other Departments|
Note: CSU of 3(2-3) means, the credit unit semester is 3, consisit of 2 hour =100 minutes in-class lecures and 3 hour = 180 minutes off-class practical topic of lectures per week for 14 weeks.